Distance Learning | Week 4



Buenos Dias, Warriors!

Welcome to week 4 of Distance Learning. I hope your Spring Break was nice and relaxing. I don't know about you, but I am ready for a change. So, I've been thinking about art materials that are available to you. In a normal art classroom setting, you'd get to play around with the art materials that I provide to you. Not everyone has the same art materials, but there are some things around the house that you do have. This week will be a little different from previous Distance Learning weeks. Thinking beyond the use of traditional art materials to create, we are going to create with unconventional objects. This week, we're going to create with...




L   A   U   N   D   R   Y



Stay with me.

LAUNDRY ART - artist uses clothing to create a visual composition (i.e. art with clothes, fabrics, towels, sheets, etc). 

This is a completely new way to do laundry. So, grab a pile and start playing around with the arrangement of lines, shapes and colors to create something visually interesting. Let me show you what I started out with. This is my first attempt. 



Above: Tropical Landscape. I used 11 pieces of clothing for this one.


LEARNING TARGET - Students will create Laundry Art by manipulated laundry to form a composition. Students will take inventory of their clothes and/ or laundry and brainstorm ideas for a visual composition in the form of a temporary installation. Students will take a photo of their laundry art in sequential phases.




What to do with your clothes? Fold. Crumple. Twist. Fold. Layer.

Just like with drawing, practice is everything. Create abstract lines. Use different pieces to create shapes and lines. Overlap pieces. Take a picture from on top of your Laundry Art. Think arial view, like looking down from an airplane.


ASSIGNMENT DUE FRIDAY, APRIL 17TH

1. After taking inventory of your laundry, brainstorm ideas for what you would like to create. 

2. You might feel inspired by a certain color or by the way you lay down your clothes to create 
    various shapes and lines.

3. When you have begun to form your clothing into a composition, take a series of pictures to 
    show how your laundry art progressed. 

4. Have fun! I created a video and a stop motion GIF that you can view on my Instagram profile.
    You don't have to have Instagram to view my content. Simply click the link and you will be        directed to NCHS Visual Arts IG platform. 

5. Send your images to me via email or Instagram DM.

Remember, you don't have to confine yourself to creating with conventional art supplies. Art can be created with almost anything. Don't forget to post, tag me and #warriorsmakeart

MAKE GREAT ART! 

Much Love,

Mrs. B



















Comments

Popular Posts