APPLIED DESIGN | WEEK 3 DISTANCE LEARNING



Dear Applied Design Students,

Hello and welcome to WEEK 3 of Distance Learning. 

This week is going to be the launch of our Warriors Are Kind Campaign. I hope you all remember our classroom conversation about spreading kindness and boosting morale through art-making and a positive message. This is our time!

It has come to my attention that there are many elderly folks who are living in assisted living facilities or nursing homes who are not able to see their families. Some of them do not realize what is happening right now with COVID-19 and the social distancing that has been mandated. What a great opportunity to spread some love and encouragement. 

For this week, I would love for you to create something beautiful that would bring encouragement, comfort and happiness. Create a composition that evokes a positive feeling. You may use any media that you have available at your house. You may use digital imaging, photographs, or apply design to a 2D surface space. If you so choose, you may include word art in the form of a sentiment or a quote. 

For such a time as this, my dears, we will rise to this opportunity and use our distance learning and social distancing for GOOD! Your Journal Assignment for this week will be your submission for the #warriosarekind Campaign. Please take a picture of your art and send to my email or DM my Instagram account. Your submissions will be shared with the elderly community at local assisted living facilities. 

I love you guys, I miss you. I know you will excel with this. 

Much Love,

Ms. B

Comments

Popular Posts